Here's a rundown of everything you need to know for you and your pup to have the best possible experience at WillaMutt Strut. For help with your personal fundraising page, donations and other technical questions, please check out our frequently-asked questions (FAQs).
PREPARE FOR THE EVENT
This year's WillaMutt Strut will take place on Sunday, September 18, 2022
from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Riverfront Park
in Salem, Oregon. Your $35 registration fee includes a special edition t-shirt and goody bag. Kids 10 and under participate for free.
EXPERIENCE THE EVENT
This is a family-friendly, group-friendly, and dog-friendly event. As an untimed event, is perfect for anyone at any level of fitness, whether you're an avid runner or casual stroller. Walk, run, strut, or wag your stuff in one of two races:
- 9 a.m. - Check-in and T-shirt/Goody Bag Pick Up
- 9:45 a.m. – Muttiest Mutt Contest
- 10 a.m. – Adoptable Dog Parade
- 10:30 a.m. – Run start
- 10:45 a.m. – Walk start
- 11:30 a.m. – Trickiest Trick Contest
- 12 p.m. – Peanut Butter Lick-Off
EVENT RULES FOR DOGS
For the health and safety of all dogs and people participating in WillaMutt Strut, please observe the following rules for canines attending the event with you:
- Participating dogs must be currently licensed with proof of Parvo and Rabies vaccinations. You do not need to bring proof with you; if an incident occurs, you must be able to produce proof in a reasonable amount of time.
- For safety reasons, “extend-a-leashes” will NOT be allowed. Dogs must be kept on a regular leash at all times. Leashes should be no more than six feet in length while on the course. This event gets very crowded and longer leashes can be extremely hazardous.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted.
- Race officials reserve the right to refuse entry to any dog whose behavior could be dangerous to others. Please use good judgment regarding the temperament of your pet so that this event will be safe and enjoyable for everyone.
- Dogs younger than six months should not participate.
- Be sure you and your dog are conditioned for this event, especially if you plan to run/walk.
EVENT SAFETY MEASURES
Oregon Humane Society’s first priority is the safety and health of pets, attendees, sponsors, vendors, volunteers, and staff.
We are closely monitoring guidance from the CDC and the Oregon Health Department to ensure that WillaMutt Strut will be a fun and entertaining experience that is safe for everyone.
As such, all attendees will be required to abide by our COVID-19 protocol, which will evolve as we get closer to the event and may include any or all of the following measures: liability waivers, face coverings, social distancing, non-invasive temperature checks, testing or proof of vaccination. Oregon Humane Society reserves the right to modify and add requirements at its sole discretion.
We will continue to update this page with the latest COVID-19 protocol. Cooperation with published COVID-19 protocol will be required to enter and participate in the event.